Tuesday, August 15, 2017

What are my priorities?

I have been pretty reflective lately. Possibly for a while now. Why? I'm not sure. Perhaps it is the 'time of the month' (though having said that, it's been monthsssss); perhaps it's the big changes we're going through which impacts our lifestyle, our finances, our life expectations, our ambitions, our children... everything is inter-related and I guess with things rolling about, I'm getting mildly terrified of it rolling out of control.


That's one perspective.


The other, is that things are extremely exciting and there is so much to look forward to; because change - while unsettling - can also be viewed as terribly amazing!


I guess I toggle between the two, depending on my mood. I still feel this gap within sometimes, wondering what it is that makes me feel so unsettled.  I then turn to emotional eating which, while it's a guilty pleasure, it is not necessary; especially if done excessively.


I wonder, what drives me? What makes me happy? Perhaps, it need not be so tough. Perhaps I should just focus on what my true priorities are (I say true, because it's not 'seemingly' important priorities that garner short-term gratification which can blindside me. But truly important ones that fulfills) - and just focus on those that make me happy.


If I remember right, I had this same resolution (or something along the same lines) for 2 years: Don't sweat the small stuff. I don't think I have been practising that.


Oh, my mind is so full of such random thoughts. I need to simplify and focus on my true priorities.


For starters, I know who really matters.


My everything

That's a good start point, an anchor that cannot go wrong, because family is always the right/best choice.


Guess I'll keep muddling along, and figure it out. One day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment