Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Yoga progress

On my recent holiday to Korea, I did a headstand in the Bukhansan National Park. Before that, I did it at Halong Bay, Vietnam. It struck me that it's been a year since I successfully attempted the tripod headstand unsupported. It was a milestone for me then, but since, because I haven't put in additional effort to practise, my yoga progress has been.. naught. It's true, that what you reap is what you sow; cos when you don't, there is nothing to account for.


This morning, I did not manage a long run due to the storm, and instead, did my usual ashtanga practice (standing series). I have been doing this for 2+ years now, and have made no progress. At the end of that practice, I decided to try a headstand. I had tried it once before and felt it was super hard and today was no exception.



This looks deceivingly simple.

Faith in my trusty walls

That one second that I managed to stay up.
I enjoy yoga, as it gives me a chance to stretch yet sweat it out slightly. I like yoga for the benefits my body reaps from it. I also like the challenge that seemingly simple poses are actually not; not at all! I also like to know that as with any other sport, progress can be tracked by how I do it and/or how I improve for many different poses.


Since my last yoga progress post, I haven't been doing that much at all. So it's a good reminder to self to keep going. Let this be a new challenge to myself, that I wish to continue to practise; not that I needed a reason to, but it's always nice to have a check to track how it's going.


Onwards, we surge on this #fitnessjourney!

No comments:

Post a Comment