Monday, July 17, 2017

Goodbye Osaka, hello again Seoul

On our 6th day of holiday, we woke up early and retraced our steps from our apartment, to the Osaka station, to catch the train that goes to the Kansai Airport, to catch our flight back to Seoul. After sleeping so late the night before, we were worried about oversleeping and missing our flight. Thankfully, it went according to plan.


I don't seem to have pictures from our whole morning, but it was one that was tense and perhaps unnecessarily so. The whole hour train ride from Osaka city to the airport was sad, for me anyway, because I was (perhaps unnecessarily) emotional. Thinking back, it probably was due to nothing much at all, but at that time, I was really (1) ticked off by the husband's tone more than anything (2) irritated perhaps due to being tired anyway (3) sad as I dwelled on my own 70% of the train ride. In that time, I tried to meditate by taking deep breaths and trying to let go.


At the end of the ride, we made up and I understood that the ups and downs - even on holiday - is normal because of tension/ stress/tiredness/etc. I guess it holds true that it's always the same no matter where you are and it's always up to us to best manage it.


Our flight was slightly delayed and as we were rushing, we had to make do with airport kiosk food (I had a pau and the husband did not even finish his). This time back, I did not manage to sleep unlike our flight to Japan, and was happy to be back on ground again. We checked ourselves out from the flight and had a speedy meal at the Seoul Airport, before catching the airport limousine back to our hotel in Seoul.


After settling in, it was already late afternoon but because we had 'lunch' at such an awkward time, we were not hungry. We decided to hit the gym.


Clocked 9km (Jurassic Park for company) and some floor exercises
We washed up, and got ready to hit the streets of Myeongdong again! The nights that I was shopping at Myeongdong previously was more to browse only, because I knew that we were coming back. This was my last opportunity to swipe the shops and make my purchases.


Ready to go
I heard of Maple Tree House from some sources and we decided to try it out. Took us a while to find it (basement location, address not clear!) and on this night, we also did not have beer. I had my first soju on this trip.


We found it!

BBQ. BBQ. BBQ.

Honestly, the food wasn't bad, but we thought our BBQ at Itaewon was better. After this meal, I hit the streets and started to make my purchases. The husband got a waffle ice-cream... and we just strolled about. He helped carry some of the shopping load to the hotel as I continued walking about on my own. Window shopping rocks, the area was safe, and I needed to digest the food in my tummy.


That night, we slept quite early, I think and we decided that it was a good call that we opted to spend another night than need to head to the airport already/again the very next day!


Good night, world.

1 comment: