Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Mid-year mark

Hello June. In a blink of an eye, a whole week has passed and we are well into June.
How has half a year gone by, just like that?


The past 2-3 weeks have been hectic. We have been house-hunting, juggling work and home, keeping the children occupied (because school holidays), making arrangements for work so there is some work and more play, and generally, there's much tension. Perhaps it's in my head, but there is just so much going on.


A perk of school holidays = sleeping in, but the downside of that is also that I don't get in as much activity. It drops greatly from 5-7x a week, to half that. I think that also affects my sanity and well-being. So, a gentle reminder to myself that life is great, I can always just exercise whenever - it's a lifestyle not a pressure - and work is work and no one is going to die.


BREATHE.


6+pm last Sunday. Sun out in full force.

That Sunday evening, I sought refuge in sweating it out in the hot, hot sun and feeling some sense of familiarity as I revisited an old running route.

Life.

In a week's time, the husband and I will be on our couple holiday of this year. I. Cannot. Wait.


Until then... I'm hanging on.

No comments:

Post a Comment