Wednesday, March 1, 2017

GNR - 25 Feb 2017 #notinthislifetime

Many months ago, when the big news that Guns and Roses were coming to Singapore, the husband and his boys were all super excited. They snapped up tickets within moments and the date was locked down for the crew to attend it.


Come 2 days before the actual concert, I realised that I would have an evening all to myself. I randomly tried to arrange for a meet-up with some gfs and realised that - gasp - they were going to the same concert! I deliberated for half a day, and 24 hours before the concert, I clicked to purchase ticket. Just one, for myself.


That Saturday was a leisurely one, with the kids being taken out for play with the Godpa. The husband and I had a healthy, protein-filled meal while he then sorted out some air miles while I picked up my ticket. Just one, for myself.


That afternoon, we spent quietly on our own, taking a nap and preparing for the concert. Truth be told, I'm not a huge rock fan, but I cannot deny that the lure of (1) good friends and the husband (2) live music (3) a rockin' good time held plenty of appeal.


This iconic logo!

The night was not perfect. We were stuck in traffic heading in (made better with a carton of beer and jokes aplenty), stuck in queues to the portable loo (euw), more long queues to get F&B (super ugh lowlight of the night), but the parts where we got to enjoy the live singing and music, the snippets of mad moments I saw my girlfriends before losing them for the night, the laughs, hugs and kisses I shared with the husband... it was a lovely night to remember.


Crazies with my lovelies


The climax during November Rain. So good!

Fortunately, we managed to secure transport and got out of the mayhem post-concert relatively quickly. I suffered from beer-vomit from the awfully long ride from Changi to Sembawang (throw in some poor-smells. ugh.) but otherwise, managed to clean up upon arrival at home.


I'm so pleased I have this sweet memory with the husband to add on to our library of life events.
Sometimes, unplanned things turn out rocking great and this was such a case. Super love!

No comments:

Post a Comment