Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Valentine's Day dinner

After the smirky conversation with the husband, I was truly surprised when he texted me yesterday afternoon asking, "what's for dinner tonight?"


We made rough plans and made a reservation for an omakase meal that we had before, and enjoyed. Come 7pm, I was nearly at the restaurant when the husband rang me to say - horror - that we made reservations at a wrong restaurant. Oops.


So, this restaurant is not the one we had in mind, but since it offers Jap food we decided to try it. 10 minutes later, we walked out, because other than offering us drinks of our choice, nothing on the menu was. Unfortunately, this night, they did not offer the omakase meal - boo.


We ended up driving off to a nearby cluster and having a very simple meal. It wasn't the top restaurant choice, it wasn't very romantic, but I was very happy.


Why?


1. The husband initiated to have dinner with me. Unprompted.
2. We filled our tummies - thankful for simple basics in life; take nothing for granted.
3. We had a peaceful meal, with no one stealing our food, shouting into our ears, distracting us by asking us many questions... you get the idea.
4. With the botched attempt to eat at the preferred Jap restaurant, we will get to go again - hopefully soon!


Sexy date in an even sexier environment
Thank you for being my valentine, my love. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment