Wednesday, December 28, 2016

My running journey - personal best achievement


Before the year closes, I will finally get my ass down to updating my personal best record that took place 24 September, 2016.

It was a team relay (approx. 10.2km x 4 runners to form the distance of a marathon) and one that I was approached to form a team for, three times. I rejected to be part of the initial sign-up because (a) it seemed too far ahead to commit to  a race on a weekend (b) it was at night time and I do not prefer to run at night (c) I had lost motivation to run any races at all this year.

I was then approached to replace a colleague who could not make it, but they found someone who could commit before me. When I was approached a third time, I guess things were meant to be and so it happened.

Truth is, I did not prepare for the run but one cannot deny the hard work that the body is used to through a period of time, and oh boy, did I surprise myself when I broke my personal best time of 10km!




Statistics of the day

Group results
The weather was hot and looping 2x on the same circuit is so un-fun. I think the mind was not too strong that day because I was walking at parts, but still happy to have set a record.

Part credit must be given to the husband, because his parting words to me when he dropped me off at the race was 'try for less than 1 hour'. I guess it really was up to me and I truly did it. HOORAY!

I didn't run, I flew!


No comments:

Post a Comment