Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Scatter brain K

This is the last week of school for my Primary School daughter. Yesterday evening, we got into a little squabble about her filing.


So, I have been really quite bochap relaxed about how she packs her stuff. In this year, I remember we did a mid-year spring-cleaning where we attempted to pack her things after we bought a shelf just for her. I've then relied on verbally asking if she's packing her bag/materials... and I do notice that things seem to be messy in her drawer but I did not actively check on it.


Last Saturday, it was a day with no activity and I requested that K packed her whole set of drawers. I told her to pack everything properly and neatly because it's nearly the end of the school year and we need to be clear to know where everything is, so we can make way for new materials coming in for Primary 2. She spent the morning stacking papers about her room and I did not check, I just let her run this activity because, well, it's her things, right?


Yesterday night, I happened to look into her bag (I tend to do that occasionally to pick out sweet wrappers, crushed worksheets, loose stationery, check through her books, take out the damp umbrella...) and what do I find? Loose worksheets crushed (not filed into file, just stuffed into bag), and some junk which really riled me up!


It made me so mad that she had not attended to the task properly when time had been set aside to do it. I was mad that she does not care enough to bother. I was mad that it is already the last week of the school year and she is still this haphazard?!




Situation last night


I dished out punishment (no e-time for the whole week!) and set her to work right there and then to clear her worksheets - properly this time.


Sigh. What do I do with this child of mine?! Patience... is key. On this note, I am pretty ready to say 'Goodbye Primary 1!'

No comments:

Post a Comment