Monday, September 26, 2016

Saturday funday

I made some changes to our Saturday schedule, so that our afternoons are now freed up. This makes our day a lot more relaxed, as there is no need to rush from Point A to home for a nap, to rush to Point B. It sounds a lot more tiring and energy-sapping than it sounds, and for those who need to shuttle children, will truly understand.
<Special mention to my beloved Dad who plays a major role in this change!>


So, with this change, I have time to just let it be with no need to rush. So last Saturday, the boy could pick his preferred lunch venue and off we went after his class. Thankfully, there was no queue, and it was a nice, albeit indulgent, lunch for us both.



小笼包王子
For the record, he had some noodles (I had most of it), and EIGHT 小笼包s. He really, really loves them! After lunch, we took public transport back home and had time to laze about. I had to attend a run in the evening, and decided to bring the kids along for play because it was at a right time slot.


The husband dropped us off at the Sports Hub and off we went. We spent some time gathered while I met with my colleagues, whom I was doing the run with. I was really a substitute runner, and honestly, despite my initial reluctance, the run turned out to be pretty fun. While I went off to prepare and run, the children were with good company.


New friends + water play

They also met superdog

Team LEGO runners!
So the way the run works, is that it's relay style with a team of 4 and each runner completes 10.3km to finish a full marathon collectively.


A colleague snapped the below pic and it looks so beautiful. It was definitely way hotter than what this looked like when I was actually running, between 6-7pm, but I made it. Phew.

Magical hour
I'll share more of my run achievements in a separate post, but it was my best time clocked for 10km, so a Personal Best for me - hooray! The children joined me in the stadium after my run and I spent an hour or so hanging out at the event site engaging in activities with them.



But first, let's take a picture.

We met Ironman on stilts
This looked more fun than it was - because the children did not meet the
minimum height criteria to join it
Thankfully, we found an activity that the children could partake in. This is a circuit where they
had to hop, do push-ups, jump over hurdles, do sit-ups then dash to the finish line.


JUMP!
It was about 8pm after we were done mucking around, and by this point, I was so ready to sit down (I was literally bouncing around having fun with them). I settled easily on fast food (it was not crowded) and after re-fuelling, we took the MRT back home. It turned out to be less painless than expected as the trains were swift and I did not have to stress about road closures/locating taxis at that hour. We made it home within an hour, so it worked out very well.


That night, the children collapsed to bed pretty quickly after all that fanfare. It was a super fruitful Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment