Friday, January 8, 2016

First trip out of Singapore - Korea

On the 5th day of January 2016, I flew out of Singapore. It was a very busy morning, that started dark and early at 5.15am. I rolled out of bed grudgingly, to see my daughter already dressed in her adorable school uniform and eating her breakfast quietly. Over the next half hour, she got ready and we headed down to the pick-up point at 5.40am to wait for her school bus; turned out to be the bus waiting for us! On the dot at 5.45am, she was off to school. I felt really heavy-headed and waded my way back home. I sat the alarm for 20minutes later, and laid down to rest. This is the morning life of my daughter going to Primary 1.
 
At 6.20am, I got up with a throbbing headache and went to get a glass of water. The husband's alarm went off too and together, we woke up a cranky son and got him ready for school. We made a decision to change him to the morning session class and this means that he has to get on the bus at 7am; and this is sthe morning life of my son going to N2.
 
Heaps of change this first week in 2016... and one of that is me going off on my first trip out of the country.
I'm right now in South Korea, Seoul on a work trip. It's been a fruitful trip on the work front, and the weather is terribly, terribly cold. It ranges from 10 degrees to -5 and it has been quite an experience gettting all bundled up in layers of warm clothing. It's also nice to be on the trip with 2 other colleagues, so I don't feel all lost and lonely.
 
In between work and meetings at the office, we have managed to do some bits of shopping and eating Korean food. Besides the extremely dry weather that is causing my skin to feel stretched and my nose to nearly bleed, it's been pretty cool (hur hur, bad pun). So here are some pics for me to remember this coupla days.
 
 
Day 1 - my travel companions
 
Day 2 - Myeongdong
 
Day 3 - Team Korea
 
It is very cold in Korea!

I head home tomorrow, and am totally looking forward to hugging my lovelies!
What a start to 2016!

No comments:

Post a Comment