Monday, January 11, 2016

11 Jan 2016 - happy birthday my love!

Today is the husband's birthday. He is right now on the plane on business travels, and so we did a small birthday gathering (more than a celebration) yesterday. It was indeed a simple affair, where he opted for home-cooked food and we finished off with his usual preferred choco-banana cake...
 
Our family, 2016
 
Happiness
 
 
It was a reminder from FB on what happened 4 years ago (see pic below) that prompted me to dig through my archives to check out what we did do the past many years.

2012

And the results were astonishing! In 2014, we managed a family holiday to Krabi. In 2011, we went for a decadent meal at Morten's. In 2010... I couldn't find a record of what we did - oops. For the rest of the years in 2015, 2013 and 2012, we pretty much had home-cooked meals and funnily too, the picture that we took were pretty much in the same angle at the same place, i.e. my mother's kitchen. It's rather amusing.

This, also brings to mind, some thoughts about my husband. While he can be pretty picky with his food preference, he is also, a big fan of family. He's said before that he loves the way my #foofub family interacts and makes merry with one another and he hopes that our little family unit is fun-loving and loving too. It's been 8 years since we've been married and 2 kids later, I do believe that we are on track to building our own crazy little loving family. It also brings to mind how he can be quite a simple man, sometimes.

Reading through the past birthday posts also bring to mind something that is consistent of this man - he is one man who loves all of us, and in turn we love him to the moon and back.

I wrote a short-ish (ok, it's quite long) post on FB today to wish him well. The response has been phenomenal. Within an hour, I received more than 50 likes, and right now, it's 5pm and we're at 256likes. While I am not seeking for media fame nor am trying to gather a million likes to prove anything at all, I must admit that this to me must demonstrate that this man whose birthday we celebrate today is a special man, special enough for people to bother to like and/or wish him well.

Dear husband, you know you mean the world to us and we wouldn't change anything of you (yes, even the farting and sleeping all the time) - because that would not be you anymore, and we only want you.

Happy 36th birthday, my love.

From Mars and back, Kate, Jake and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment