Sunday, November 1, 2015

Princess run

We welcomed November with happiness!

The GE run had always been sort of a tradition with the sister and I. Since the tradition that the sister and I had been broken last year, I was under no pressure to sign up again this year - despite us having had set our 'tradition' in earlier years (2013, 2012, 2011). However, while I was not too keen to run for the GE run, their new category caught my attention - the princess dash. It seemed like a fun event that K would be interested in, and why not? I thought.

However, with the bad weather the past two months, which continued intermittently until last week, I was all worried that this run wouldn't happen because of the haze (boo) but the weathers turned over the day leading up to the weekend and hooray! It was a no-haze-happy day and we managed to go ahead with this lovely event.

 
5 princesses and 1 prince

These little girls had all signed up to be part of the princess dash (all 100m of it!) and because I was on single parent duty, I brought the little boy along, why not!
 

Watching the older category run first
 
My babies and I (I made the effort to dress up in my pinkest/purplest
as-close-to-princess-as-I-could-outfit!)

The run, on its own, wasn't difficult at all. The distance was short, but the idea of the girls dressing up for it was so adorable. Then to watch them all zoom with unbridled enthusiasm, that was priceless! I love exposing the children to sporting events and to have them respond so positively to it, made the heat and the pain of all that for a 'mere' 100m all worth it.
 

Post-run treats
 
Finishers

I was mildly sunburnt from the sun - no shelter whilst letting the children play at the bouncy castle - but that's a small price to pay, really for their morning of fun and laughter.
 
What a nice start to November, hooray!

1 comment: