Monday, June 17, 2013

My running experience with Jake and his new ride

So, a month or so ago, I started jogging in the morning with my lil buddy. It's truly made a difference to how I feel because as we all know, exercise releases the best kickass hormones and besides these feel-good endorphines, I love that I also get to bond with Jake.Along the way, I'll point out birds or cats or trains... and I know he really enjoys being out of the house.

Running with a stroller is a first for me, and it does make the run more challenging because I'm pushing an additional 10+kg; I also need to be mindful of my route - the less roads/wobbly roads, the better it is. This brings me to how important a good, sturdy stroller is.

So very aptly, here's introducing Jake's new plush ride - the newly launched Capella 2013 stroller! I had shared how the boy was rather taken with this new ride when we first received it, and he's gotten very comfortable with it over the past two weeks.  

Here's Jake and I, on the day we took a run with the stroller for the first time
We took a relatively easy route, and here's how we fared.

We crossed a few roads, covered some straight roads with no interruptions and gave the stroller (and my body) a pretty decent workout


What rocked about the stroller for a running Mommy:

Mesh handles
Running makes you perspire and having the option to hold onto mesh when you run is a big plus. I also love how this can be easily removed for regular washing.

Smooth ride
The run may get slightly bumpy with uneven roads - the pic below will be a common sight on our uneven cemented paths, but with this sturdy stroller, the ride is generally smooth.


Wonky roads don't daunt us because with careful maneuvering, we breeze right through them smoothly

Sturdy feel
I always worry that I'll trip and Jake will fall out on a flimsy stroller, but because the Capella stroller falls within the mid-weight category, it is easily manageable for regular use yet a safe ride for the baby. When I run with both hands firmly on the stroller, I feel that it's firm and sturdy and not unsafe and flimsy at all.


And these are the top reasons why I think the ride is amazing!

There are a few things that I need some getting used to; such as how much wider the pram is and how I need to exert more strength to lift the front two wheels when we encounter a step because it is heavier than my current stroller; but these are minor adjustments which I know will become negligible once I'm more familiar with it. Every new vehicle requires some breaking in.

Oh yes, I must also mention these extra reasons why this stroller rocks:

1. Lovely shade of colour blue - not only does it make us more visible when we run when it's not totally bright (before 7am), it's also such a pretty blue! The rest of the colours are pretty awesome too! You can check out the full range of colours here.


What you see is what you get - a striking gorgeous coloured pram!


2. Spacious seat - Jake used to be so squished up in our old stroller, and this is totally an upgrade from economy to business!

3. Adjustable handle bar - this is so handy (pun intended) because while I prefer a higher hold on a regular day, running with a medium-height hold works better for me due to the pounding on the cement. This nifty adjustable handle bar feature also works very well for my firstborn, the little big sister, because I can adjust it to its lowest and this makes it easier for her to push too!

Proud little big sister pushing the pram with easy because the handles are at a comfortable height, "just for me", she says



There are also other features that I have not elaborated on such as a spacious boot (below the pram), a handy pocket, a fully-covered shield that can cocoon your baby safely, a reversible handle so you can look at your baby if you prefer and an easy one-hand system where you only need one hand to close/open this stroller.

If you're a running Mommy who's looking for a good run partner with your lil buddy, I'll recommend you check out the new Capella S230T, for all the reasons I've cited! (Or even if you're not a running Mommy, you can also check the stroller out of course, heh)

Capella is available at Isetan, Metro, John Little, Robinsons, BHG, OG, Kiddy Palace, Cheri Kids, NTUC Xtra AMK and Toys R' Us.
There's even an introductory price if you make your purchase now!

Have fun shopping for your new stroller!



Disclaimer: TaiMe Pte Ltd  has kindly sponsored a Capella S230T for me to trial. No monetary compensation was given. All opinions are on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment