Sunday, February 27, 2011

It rocked

The weekend, that's what rocked.

Saturday started out slow, with the husband and I sleeping in as we'd both slept late the night before. Thanks to the MIL, we were able to catch some rest. We deliberated what to have for brunch and after much consideration, we ended up at a club - which was actually not open to non-members on the weekend, but we didn't know! The food was rather expensive and not super, so I shall not go into much detail there; but we dressed Kate up prettily in her birthday gift and here's a nice shot of her looking like a little lady.

Kate, looking very girly in her new dress

We headed to my mom's place after and spent the afternoon there resting, playing, eating and relaxing. The aunts and uncles came over and we all had dinner together. The husband and I made a date to watch a movie and we bade Kate farewell as we left her in the care of her beloved ye ye and Grandma. We caught the movie 127 hours, a show that left us marveling at the character's tenacity, strength and courage. Positivity is terribly important and I secretly felt scared that the husband may ever be in such a situation (literally, between a rock and a hard place. How unpleasant.) But as we all know, it's a true story that ends well so yay to such heartening stories and happiness. I was knackered after the show and while the husband made his own supper and mucked around on the computer, I knocked out into slumberland.

Sunday came bright and early, with the alarm going off. The husband and I had planned a day of fun out in the sun - a run at MacRitchie followed by rock-climbing. We met his friends at MacRitchie and started our run at about 9.30am. Within the hour, we'd all completed the short route (about 5km?). We ran within the trees, which was nice and cool despite the morning sun being out and about in full force. Very pleasant. I'm very happy that my stamina is strong, after running consistently the past 3 months. I was only worried that I'd slip on the rocky, muddy grounds, so I took my time when I felt uncertain. I liked how the place is full of people doing their own thing - walking, running, cycling, taking pictures, hanging out... very nice.

After washing up, we adjourned to have roti prata for breakfast. Sinful but oh so yummy. After filling our tummy, we headed to the rocks and hit them. At the end of 3 hours, we were all exhilarated (happy hormones from exercise rocks!), sunburnt and I even got some souvenirs that will last me for a few days.

The husband comforts (?) me by calling these my 'reward'

I then brought Kate to visit the bestie and the highlight of the visit had to be the walk that we took home. It's a lovely stretch of road along the canal. The road is accessible only to cyclists and runners and in the evenings, many people use it. I was very surprised by Kate's stamina - she practically walked the whole way home!

She suddenly sat down on the road! I don't know why but I'm very pleased I snapped this cheeky picture of my lovely baby

Checking out the scenery

Let's go, Mom! Gotta keep walking!

Kate was very happy playing on this slide

After dinner, Kate spent some time playing with the husband. This is their game, "Superman"

A picture with Lukas, her favorite didi (he may be 6 months younger but he rather looks like a kor kor!)

This picture pretty much sums up the weekend - awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment